Family Law Attorney Tampa
Family law issues go straight to the heart of some of the most important areas in life. Whether you’re litigating who gets to stay in the family home after divorce, fighting for time with your children, or negotiating the terms of a prenuptial agreement, the stakes are high. It probably comes as no surprise that family law issues can be among the most stressful and emotional legal matters.
The right family law attorney can help to minimize stress and improve outcomes by:
- Ensuring you know exactly what to expect as your case moves forward
- Managing technical and procedural requirements such as deadlines and form of pleadings
- Assembling evidence to put forth the strongest possible case on your behalf
- Creating a buffer to take some of the emotional charge out of negotiations
At the Law Office of Robert Eckard & Associates, we understand how difficult it can be to put personal matters such as your relationship with your children in the hands of a court. We have devoted our practice to assisting people in difficult situations, and are dedicated to protecting your interests and making the process as painless as possible.
We prioritize open communication to ensure that your attorney always understands your goals and priorities, and your questions are answered promptly and completely.
Family Law Matters
We represent Tampa Bay area clients in a variety of family law matters, including:
- Dissolution of Marriage / Divorce: Ending a marriage is rarely easy. Whether you are filing for divorce or have been served with divorce papers, we will fight to ensure that your interests are protected during the process. Our divorce litigation services include negotiating or litigating property division, allocation of debts, child support, and alimony / spousal maintenance.
- Timesharing (Custody / Visitation): We handle child custody and visitation matters arising in divorce and paternity cases, as well as modification of existing timesharing orders. While reaching an agreement is often in the best interest of the children, we are prepared to fight to protect your relationship with your children if necessary.
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements: A carefully-considered advance agreement can reduce the stress, conflict, and cost associated with dissolving a marriage. We can draft your agreement or review an agreement you’ve been asked to sign and negotiate on your behalf.
- Adoption: There are few moments in life as joyous as welcoming a new member to your family, so the last thing you want is that process clouded by legal complications. Our experienced attorneys can help to ensure that your adoption process runs smoothly, whether you’re a stepparent adopting a child already living with you or a couple bringing a new baby into your home.
- Paternity: Establishing paternity has benefits for both parents and the child. An order determining paternity allows the father to establish a legally-protected relationship with his child, the mother to obtain support to assist in caring for the child, and the child access to the love and support of both parents.
- Modification of Family Law Orders: A divorce decree is often referred to as a final order, but some aspects of your divorce decree may be subject to modification. The most common example involves child custody, visitation, or support. When circumstances change and existing orders are no longer appropriate, we can help.
- Child Support: While child support is often determined in the course of a divorce, the need to establish child support may also arise in paternity cases, modifications of prior orders, and other circumstances. We help parents establish and enforce fair child support orders in many contexts.
We also assist with domestic violence issues, name changes, and appeals of family law orders.
If you’re facing family law issues, give yourself the advantage of a knowledgeable, dedicated guide. Call (727) 772-1941right now to learn more about how we can help.