We operate in a global economy. In 2010 United States ranked number 3 in total worldwide export. We can help you navigate the myriad of domestic and international regulatory policies that can and will affect your business’ success. Mr. Eckard received his Masters of Laws in International Law and Business from Stetson University in 2003 and is prepared to assist you in your international venture. We have represented people and companies from over 15 countries around the globe.
Attorney Robert is a former member of the US/Cuba Legal Forum, a not for profit organization designed to foster ties with Cuban Lawyers in Cuba, to normalize trade relations between the United States and Cuba, and to explore legal issues effecting U.S. entities doing or wishing to do business there.
Mr. Eckard has written several articles including “Doing Business in Cuba, Now and Post-Embargo” and “Protecting and Enforcing Intellectual Property Rights in Developing Countries with a Special Comparative Study on Cuban Intellectual Property Laws.”
Mr. Eckard has represented various entities against the United States Treasury Department and the Office Foreign Asset Controls and is available to assist you or your company with your international legal needs.
Specific areas of practice include but are not limited to:
- International Business Transactions
- International Trade
- International Litigation and Arbitration:
- Documentary sale transactions (Letters of Credit)
- Negotiable bills of lading
- Stand-by letters of credit,
- Counter-trade and distributorships
- Foreign direct investment
- S. Custom’s import/export issues (tariffs, customs classification of goods)
- Licensing by the Office of Foreign Affairs and Control (OFAC) (U.S. Treasury Department).