Thank you for your help with this matter. Because of your relationships and wisdom, I have been given another chance to practice medicine again and learn from my mistakes. This has been a life changing experience leading to soul searching as to who I really am and what is important. It has been a spiritual awaking underlying the fact what is important is that I work with integrity, boundaries, wisdom, enjoy being a doctor and healer.
The Police Have Stopped Me, Now What Do I Do?
Know Your Rights: What to do When Pulled Over by the Police.
The sight of flashing police lights behind you can be quite stressful for sure. Was I speeding? Do I have anything in my vehicle that I should not have? Did I have drinks while out at dinner? These and others may be a few thoughts that go through your head. Rest assured, there is no need to panic, the following tips are provided to allow you to cooperate with law enforcement, while ensuring that you maintain your rights.
- Try to remain calm, and use your turn signal to pull over to a safe place;
- Turn off your engine and keep your hands in plain sight at all times;
- Wait for the officer to speak first, and keep your answers brief;
- Wait for the officer to request any documentation before retrieving them, and let the officer know where you are retrieving them from;
- Once your documents are returned, ask the officer if you are free to leave;
- Do not consent to a search of you or your vehicle.
The Law Office of Robert Eckard & Associates (LORE) has not been retained for any matter by you until such time as a duly executed retainer is signed by you and an authorized agent of LORE and any retainer deposit paid and returned to us. Nothing contained herein is intended to create an attorney client relationship or be considered legal advice, as such, no conflict of interest shall be presumed in the event LORE is later retained by an adverse party. See Rule 4-1.18 et. al., 2006 Florida Supreme Court.