When Do I Need to Hire an Attorney for my Small Business? September 11, 2020 | Business Litigation
Starting a new business is exciting and a great endeavor to take on. There are many steps that a business owner has to go through as they establish their new small business. One of the most important things to consider is hiring a Palm Harbor business attorney to handle issues that you may not be able to address without proper legal knowledge. While there are many aspects of business management the owner can navigate on their own, having an attorney when legal issues arise helps to avoid bigger problems in the future. It is helpful to know what you can do on your own and what should be handled with an attorney.
Business Matters that You Can Handle
The creation of a small business requires the owner to go through a number of steps in the business formation process. These are matters that you can handle on your own and don’t necessarily need an attorney for. These can include:
- Choosing a business name
- Securing a domain name for the website
- Determining the legal structure
- Applying for any necessary licensing, permits, and an employer identification number
- Creating contracts for vendors or independent contractors
Business Matters to Handle With an Attorney
Just as there are matters you can take care of, there are those that you need to hire an attorney for. A Palm Harbor business lawyer will represent your company in the event that there are any complex legal issues that you face. Such issues can include:
- Any legal pursuit initiated by an employee against your company
- Violations your company faces from the government
- Environmental issues you may be accused of
- The sale of your business
A business attorney in Palm Harbor FL can assist you by outlining your legal obligations and what can happen if your business is at fault.
If you are in need of business legal advice, contact The Law Office of Robert Eckard & Associates.