Our office has the opportunity for an experienced Litigation Paralegal or Legal Assistant to join the firm’s expanding practice. The Litigation Paralegal or Legal Assistant will assist with all phases of the litigation process, from the initial complaint to document discovery, depositions, expert discovery, and trial preparation. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong attention to detail and superior communication skills.
Calendar – Manage and monitor Calendar for trial and discovery deadlines, schedule motions, mediations, depositions.
Communication and Correspondence – Communicate with clients, counsel, courts, witnesses, and experts as well as legal service vendors in professional, efficient, and time-sensitive manner.
E-Filing – Experience formatting, spellchecking, and filing pleadings through the Florida Court’s E-Filing Portal. Experience with Federal (PACER) filing preferred but not required.
Preparation assistance – Assist lawyers in preparation for mediations, trials, and depositions, assist with preparation of pleadings and filings.
Legal Document Drafting and Management – Conduct document review and prepare/manage document productions; summarize complex legal documents, prepare reports and correspondence. Draft affidavits or other pleadings i.e., stipulations, notices, subpoenas, etc. and maintain document file. Proofread all documents and cite check/bluebook briefs. Organize and prepare witness materials, digests, and related documents for lawyer review.
File Management – Organize documents and coordinate document productions, organize and index case files and privilege logs; maintain case files and document databases.
Research – Perform wide variety of legal research and data compilation, conduct various document searches and factual research.
- Bachelor’s degree and Florida Registered Paralegal certificate preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of law firm (paralegal) litigation experience preferred with knowledge of state and court agency rules
- Experience in preparing attorneys for meetings, hearings, mediations, and trials with little or no supervision.
- Experience with electronic filing (Florida and Federal) is required
- Formatting documents with great attention to detail required
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Lexis-Nexis, Docketing, Calendars, Document Management System, expense, and billing systems
- Experience with Clio legal software preferred
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Keen attention to Detail
- Sense of Urgency
- Proactive approach to all matters
- Problem Solving
- Ability to work within deadlines and perform under pressure
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment – Ability to handle a high-volume case load with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.