How to Obtain a Fiancé Visa September 17, 2021 | Immigration

How is a Fiancé Visa Obtained?

fiance visaAre you contemplating marriage with a non-resident of the United States? Do you wonder how to obtain a visa for this individual? You need the legal help of The Law Office of Robert Eckard & Associates.

A fiance’s visa is a K-1 visa issued to the finance’ or fiancée of a citizen of the United States to enter the U.S. The visa means that the foreigner is required to marry their U.S. petitioner within 90 days of entering the United States or depart the country.

An immigration attorney Tampa FL will inform you that you are eligible to bring your intended to the U.S. on a K-1 visa if the following qualifications are met.

  • You are a United States citizen.
  • You and your intended plan to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission to the U.S. on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa.
  • The K-1 fiancé(e) visa requirement includes:
    • You and your fiancé must be single and eligible to marry under United States law.
    • If you or your fiancé have been married before, you’ll need to provide death or divorce certificates for the previous spouse.
  • The sponsoring partner must be a United States citizen.

A Tampa immigration attorney can help you obtain the proper visa for your finance’ (e).

  • A Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) according to the form instructions must be filed. This form asks the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service to recognize the relationship between you and your fiancé(e).
  • They review the Form I-129F and the accompanying documents. They may ask for additional documentation if needed.
  • When eligibility has been established, the Form I-129F is approved, and the USCIS recognizes the claimed fiancé(e) relationship. Or they may deny your Form I-129F and notify you of the reasons why.
  • They then send the approved Form I-129F to the DOS National Visa Center (NVC).

Immigration laws are continually changed, making it challenging to navigate the immigration process.  But with the help of Tampa immigration lawyers at Robert Eckard & Associates, they know each immigration case is unique. If you need a fiancé visa, they work tirelessly until your immigration needs have been met. Contact them today.