What Work Visa do I Need? May 7, 2021 | Immigration

work visaA work visa is a type of visa that is granted by the American government for foreign individuals seeking to work in the United States. There are several types of work visa:

Types of Work Visa

All work visas in the United States are divided into two types – nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. 

Nonimmigrant visas include the following:

  • H-1B. It is a temporary employment visa. This visa allows American employers to hire foreign professionals in specialty occupations. 
  • L-1. This type of temporary nonimmigrant visa is granted to employers who are already employed by the company in a foreign company and are temporarily relocating to the office of this company in the United States. 
  • O-1. This visa is available for foreign nationals with extraordinary abilities in arts, science, athletics, education, or business, who have been recognized nationally and internationally for their achievements. 
  • E-1. This visa is for foreign individuals who are coming to the United States to carry on trade activities. It is possible to obtain the E-1 visa as a Treaty Investor or a Treaty Trader. 
  • TN visa. This type of nonimmigrant visa was created by the North American Free Trade Agreements (NAFTA) for Mexican and Canadian citizens coming to work in the US for an American employer. 

There are also several immigrant work visas:

  • EB-1 Extraordinary Ability. It is for those individuals who can demonstrate that they are in the top of their profession. 
  • EB-1 Multinational Executive. It is like an immigrant version of the L-1 nonimmigrant visa. This visa was created specifically for managers and multinational executives of foreign companies interested in starting their own business in the US. 
  • EB-2 Advanced Degree. In order to qualify for this visa, a foreign individual must be offered a position in the US that requires at least a U.S. Master’s Degree. 

How a Lawyer Can Help?

An immigration lawyer can help foreign individuals choose the right type of work visa and prepare a visa application. If you are currently looking for a professional and experienced Tampa FL visa attorney, The Law Office of Robert Eckard & Associates is ready to assist you. Our Tampa FL Immigration Attorney will do their best to make the visa application process for you as smooth and easy as possible. If you have any questions, or you want to schedule your first consultation with a Visa Attorney in Tampa Florida, do not hesitate to give us a call.